Audi has revealed its latest generation S3 hatchback that will makes its debut at the Paris Auto Show that takes place toward the end of September.
Features of the vehicle include:
- A 2.0-litre TFSI turbo four delivering 296 horsepower and 280 pound-feet of torque.
- Peak torque from as low as 1,800 revs which it maintains up to 5,500 rpm.
- Acceleration from 0-60 mph in 5.1 seconds, reaching a top speed of 155 mph (electronically limited).
- For the chassis: MacPherson struts up front, a four-link setup in the rear, chunky stabilizer bars at both ends and electric power steering.
- 18-inch alloy wheels as standard.
- Dimensions of 14 feet in length, 5.8 feet in width and 4.7 feet in height.
- An Audi drive select feature that lets drivers adjust settings for the throttle response, power steering assistance, shift points for the S tronic dual-clutch, and available magnetic dampers.
- Sports seats, round air vents, steering wheel with flat bottom and grey instrument dials.
- S-specific single-frame grille, aluminum-look side mirror housing and four oval tailpipes finished in chrome.
The new S3 Hatchback along with the new A3 Sportback will become available for the European market at the beginning of 2013.
Unfortunately, it doesn’t look like there will be any availability for Audi’s latest offering in the U.S.
Source: Motor Authority