Popular Now: 2012 Toyota Camry Pictures and Specs Revealed

The New (2010) Volkswagen Polo

Published on Mar 4th, 2009, 67 Comments

2010 volkswagn polo The New (2010) Volkswagen Polo

If that surprises anyone, the new 2010 VW Polo looks a lot like the “worshiped” MkVI Golf. Better in many ways, the little city car looks mature and tries to reach to the high-end class. And after losing some weight it managed to significantly improve fuel efficiency. But if you’re considering it for what’s under the hood, too, the Germans updated it with two impressive new engines, and a option to have them mated to a 7-speed DSG transmission. And the one that got our attention the new 1.2 liter (TSI) turbocharged four-cylinder direct injection engine sports 105 hp and goes 100km on only 5.5 l of gasoline. Expected to start selling from June, the new Polo could be a hot seller with that bad economy. All it needs, is a good price. – via

Comments

Adam

Love it. It actually looks better than the Golf 6, which should have been called the Golf 5 facelift. Biggest problem I have is that VWSA won’t match the DSG with the 1.4TSI, not on the Golf, and not on the Polo…

March 5, 2009 8:50 am Reply

Des

I Love this car, If only we could have a bigger engine’

May 13, 2009 3:50 pm Reply

Kagiso Koena

I LOVE this CAR,the DESIGN.GOLF 6 must go back to the Drawing board & come up with something?GOLF 5 is stil undisputed.But the New POLO…VERY NICE.Now 1 Problem though…when is it Launching in South Africa.I’m tired of wating.I need to Upgrade to New POLO 1.6 TDi.

September 6, 2009 11:32 am Reply

Vusi Ntimbane

I also think the polo beats the golf 6 hands down, and the golf mk 4 & 5 are still the best looking golfs aver made by the German’s.
VW needs to write and publish a pulic appology for A: refering to the golf mk 5
facelift as the golf MK 6
and recyling the MK5 GTI Rims
(which I love) on the “MK6″

B: Allowing a mainstream model
to look better than a
benchmark model.

September 8, 2009 11:11 am Reply

mninawa

When is this car coming out in South africa?

October 30, 2009 7:31 am Reply

Cinga Sive Mkondweni

This is the GOOD MACHINE. Big up to VW

Please bring it on.

November 23, 2009 10:45 am Reply

biggie

This is the best car I’m loving it. I difinetly going to upgrate to it. VW well done.

November 27, 2009 6:27 am Reply

gmm.legend

November 28, 2009 5:12 pm Reply

gmm.legend

What a beast! I am definitely getting it as my first car. It is worth it and I will wait for it. I like the detail that went into the design. Wow!

November 28, 2009 5:13 pm Reply

Yrjo Kolsi

I get my own polo in march 2010. Jeeeeeeee!!!!!!

December 18, 2009 8:01 am Reply

Gabster

I think I’m going to get this as my first car.
Apparently it is being launched in South Africa in Feb 2010.
Silly question but do you all think it’s a bit too much of a males car for an 18 year old girl??? :)

December 18, 2009 10:47 am Reply

Gabster

I think I’m going to get this as my first car.
Apparently it is being launched in South Africa in Feb 2010.

December 18, 2009 10:50 am Reply

Sheldon

Great looking car – a must have if you don’t mind being overtaken by go-carts and lawnmowers. Seriously, what is up with that engine line-up? Top petrol engine gives 77kw – whoop-de-do! And best diesel muscle comes in at a paltry 66kw. Pathetic! This is a huge step backwards.

Produce one with current 96kw 1.9 TDi and I’m sold! BUT, I’m not buying a car that looks the part only to be left in the dust by a 1982 Corolla >:o(

December 23, 2009 1:18 pm Reply

biggie

Can someone tell us how much will it cost.

January 5, 2010 2:13 pm Reply

Tembie

I don’t know what say I can only say keep it up VW. I can’t wait to have this car and is gonna be my first car also when is it coming up in SA. How much will it cost. Well done!!!!!!!!!!!

January 7, 2010 7:55 am Reply

Sonic

R229500 for the 1.2 TSI with auto, its freaken expensive! I’m so disappointed in VWSA, cuz this car is selling for much less in the UK and are being manufactured in SA!!!!! Peoples car my @ss! Kia you have a sale, KIA KOPE!

January 8, 2010 11:52 am Reply

Bhavish

I have checked with VW South Africa. This 1,4 comfortline will retail for about R175,000.00 and the 1,6 comfortline for alomost R200,000.00
Not cheap at all!

January 12, 2010 8:53 am Reply

Pablo Mpaleng

i love …. actually i would love to have one… how much are we talking about.

January 13, 2010 10:16 am Reply

jojo

I can’t wait for the selling date of this car, it really looks awesome.it’s definitely going to be my first car.Hope it reach SA soon, big up VW.

January 14, 2010 10:00 am Reply

nina

i love the car, but it look like the golf 6 we need something different from the other cars. like golf 4 is different from golf 5

January 20, 2010 8:20 am Reply

Ettiene

The New Polo 1.6 Comfort line will cost R187000, I love this car and I ordered one for Me, Can’t wait to get this new polo

January 21, 2010 9:35 am Reply

Ettiene

Prices:
1.4 Trendline – R144 900
1.4 Comfortline – R161 900
1.6 Trendline – R166 900
1.6 Comfortline – R183 900
1.6 Comfortline Tiptronic – R197 900
1.6 TDI Comfortline – R209 900

January 22, 2010 8:48 pm Reply

SEEMOLE

HI I’M SEEMOLE MALEMA

I LOVE THE CAR.I THINK I WILL BE A FIRST PERSON TO BUY A NEW POLO 2010.I’M STIL WAITINGI WIL BE ABLE TO IT BEFORE THE END OF MARCH 2010.

January 26, 2010 8:37 am Reply

lebo rikhotso

a good looking car indeed

January 27, 2010 6:14 am Reply

Dello

Oh!;i love this car guys, ayhe-yhe Golf 6 ayhe-yhe!….Polo we enter them Golfies!…can’t wait to drive ya…Big-up to VW

January 27, 2010 7:00 am Reply

Cameron

The car will be for sale from about 8 February. I even have a quote on the 1.4 Comfortline for R171K.

January 27, 2010 11:25 am Reply

Mark

What an absolutely stunning car. had a look at them over the weekend. build quality excellent, as well as spec. placed my order for the 1.6 comfortline auto, before i even drove it. Going to the launch party next week. Can’t wait to get behind the wheel. big up veedubs!!!

January 27, 2010 1:56 pm Reply

The Menace

Man Volkswagen have outdone themselves yet again, i loved the G6 and with the Polo that looks a bit like the G6 im head over heels into it, im currently driving a Polo Playa ’99 and this will be my upgrade…

January 28, 2010 6:44 am Reply

Chris

Anyone know when the new Cross Polo will come to SA ?

Will it have the same changes like the new POLO ?

Old TDI 1.9 went for R132 000

did they also change the engines to 1.4, 1.6 ?

January 28, 2010 12:50 pm Reply

MPELENG

WE ARE BUYING THIS MACHINE!!

January 29, 2010 7:44 am Reply

Steve

The New Polo is so stunning.I cant wait for it to arrive in SA.I think this is gonna be my first car ever in my life it is worth it.Im willing to pay for it.Just wanna say Well Done 2 VW KEEP IT UP GUYS.

January 29, 2010 10:04 am Reply

Mel-D

Hi Ettiene
You forgot to give us the prices after airbags, aircon, steeing wheel, wheels, Radio/CD-Change with MP3 function and speakers prices have been included, because we all know each of this doesn’t come as STD with VW

February 1, 2010 6:48 am Reply

RogerSnr Setungwane

Surely Im getin 1 of these things soon. Golf6 ema pele.

February 3, 2010 9:15 am Reply

Tamlyn Boshard

Woohoo can’t wait getting one of the first polo’s on Friday. Anyone jealous

February 3, 2010 11:14 am Reply

K

Is there a DSG option for the 1.4 confortline?

February 4, 2010 12:17 pm Reply

maureen

Wow, this is something its beautiful…The new Polo its boom. You deserve one round of applause guys… You have outdone yourself

February 4, 2010 12:49 pm Reply

Louis

VW suck ass, even the getz is a stronger car, get over yourselfs!!!

February 5, 2010 7:30 am Reply

Ze

Where have you been all my motoring life!!

February 5, 2010 9:42 am Reply

Nhlanhla

Absolutely beatiful. Im so getting it as my 1st car.

February 7, 2010 5:30 pm Reply

Kelvin

All that is standard on the comfortline. Go to vw.co.za there is a price list with each model and prices for all options listed

February 10, 2010 6:05 am Reply

muhluri

This is a machine. I need one for myself, my very first car. I’m in Polokwane where is the nearest dealer

February 10, 2010 2:37 pm Reply

Nkosana

Im running crazy already guys,Im confused what or which car to choose between Gti 4five 07,and Polo 2010.geez help me guys

February 11, 2010 8:46 am Reply

rebecca

i have the new polo 1.4 comfortline and I LOVE IT,most things came STD. And all for R166900.

February 11, 2010 1:07 pm Reply

matthew

whoud like to trade my 2002 model opel GSI 1.8 very good condition histoty fully updated at only dealer opelmgm

February 12, 2010 11:33 am Reply

matthew

have 2002 model opel corsa GSI 1.8 full house leather interior ,sun roof ,car phone 4 cd disc.couler silver .fully updated on every servise only at delta dealers .165000.0 km.

February 12, 2010 11:40 am Reply

matthew

i would like to buy the polo ltd 18.00

February 12, 2010 11:42 am Reply

Pulane

I am definitely getting this car as my first car!

February 13, 2010 9:16 am Reply

Phumza

VWSA Ayhe Ayhe! I am going to upgrade my polo 2008 Trendline to this new baby. Sorry G6, Polo 2010 here I come.

Well Done VWSA

February 19, 2010 8:15 am Reply

Hlami

I wanted to buy the Golf6 and i talked to my financial advisor and he told me to wait for the New Polo and the first time I saw it i fell in love with the car.Big up to you VW guys!

February 22, 2010 6:36 am Reply

Mel-D

Hello
Are you people really going to buy the logo in front of your car bonnet on that price with nothing inside the vehicle?

February 25, 2010 1:14 pm Reply

Yandisa

HI,
Would like to test drive one to fully make up my mind, with no disrepect intended, the car does look quite femine. Are we going to see a sedan for this car & GTI, as we’ve seen with previous models?

March 7, 2010 6:24 pm Reply

N.E.Bux

Its my time to buy a new car …Iam a Toyota man….
But what a joke about toyota,..- no car ,no colours,scaped some Auris model..)
I seen the Hy un dia Models (so much cheap plastic)
that is why u get full house(everything)…

Now the NEW POLO 2010 -
Have made me a change my mind from toyota to VW..
After the ROAD SHOW I changed my mind..
Iam even buying the AUTO – Just Waiting to drive one
Its the most loving car from all sides and
the inside is the place i want to be for hours on drive…

March 9, 2010 5:41 am Reply

Mel-D

I’ll keep my Mazda2 Individual, it is well spec’d
all under one price no surprise “optional” hiden prices

March 9, 2010 1:43 pm Reply

Mamza

jee! i have been procrastinating about geting my own set of wheels cos i could’t decide what to buy but the minute i saw this my mind was made up. i think i will be having these wheels end of April as my 1st car. ola Voooooora ola. Big up VW

March 9, 2010 3:11 pm Reply

Fred

I got my 1.4 Comfortline yesterday. Cost me in total R175 000 with cruise control, PDC and extra air bags..What a car guys….What a car!! It looks amazing, excellent finishes, quality build and it drives like a dream. If you are interested…trust me and just go to your nearest VW and go test drive the new Polo.

March 11, 2010 7:20 am Reply

rebecca

mel-d don be jealous. this is a fantastic car,i’ve had it for 6 weeks now and i wouldn’t trade it in for anything,it has everything i need and want.

March 12, 2010 6:54 am Reply

Mel-D

Rebecca, I know…

well I work for the competition so i have to say all this bad things,
But honestly i won’t mind owning one LOL

March 12, 2010 11:01 am Reply

Mogomotsi

I was driving a velocity, and I got myself this new baby. It makes people to turn thier heads and I love the attention!

Thanks VW for this car!

March 16, 2010 1:14 pm Reply

Nono

i love it i love it!!! its a beauty,a dream, i cnt get enuf of of!! cant wait to own it!!!

Nono

March 22, 2010 8:23 am Reply

Nombu

My friend just bought this toy.

WOW.

Okay I need an upgrade from my 2007 utility bakkie. Now I’m split. I really love the Ford Fiesta and now this car had to just mess up my plan. Eish

Wonderful drive

March 23, 2010 9:06 am Reply

Nahenda

I love this car.. I want to own this car,

March 23, 2010 5:28 pm Reply

Mabodi Leonard

This is so pretty – Thanx to VW engineers -what a stunning thing -Wow, way far better than my G5

April 5, 2010 1:38 pm Reply

Nnonhlanhla

Cheer driving pleasure, I definatley need one, WOW!!!

April 21, 2010 5:37 am Reply

VW POLO 1.4 (2010) Comfortline owner

WOW! WOW! WOW! I got my new POLO a month ago and ever since I am enjoying it. What a car! It drives like a dream and is really sexy!!! It certainly gets a lot of attention because heads are turning where ever I go! Nombu, I also had to choose between the Ford Fiesta and the Polo and all I can say is I made the right choice!!! So much more CLASS!

May 20, 2010 1:11 pm Reply

Cameron

The New Polo was recently chosen as 2010 World Car of the Year at the International Auto Show in New York. It didn’t come as much of a surprise, because it has already won multiple awards, among them 2010 European Car of the Year, 2010 Car of the Year (Austria), 2010 What Car Awards (UK) and the Gold Medal at this year’s iF Product Design Awards – not to mention universal accolades from the world’s press.

It’s not hard to see why: with dynamic lines and striking angles, the New Polo is designed to make an impression. And with precision engineering, cutting-edge technology, sporty performance, world-class build quality and a 5-star Euro NCAP safety rating, it sets a whole new standard in the compact hatch category. So pat yourself on the back, because as the proud owner of a New Polo, you already knew that, didn’t you?

NEW YORK — Beating out the Mercedes-Benz E-Class and the Toyota Prius, the Volkswagen Polo was named 2010 World Car of the Year at the 2010 New York Auto Show.. The Chevrolet Camaro was named 2010 World Car Design of the Year, while the Volkswagen BlueMotion lineup, which includes the Golf, Passat and Polo, was named the 2010 World Green Car.

May 21, 2010 9:25 am Reply

RICH …MRINJA

hands up for VW SA. i wanted to buy a G6 GTI but now i have changed my mind, instead of paying 345k now i will be pumping out only 209k for a 1.6TDI, some people are concerned much about the issue of 1.6 & 1.4 .This car can go at a speed of 160km/h (plus) without any problems. where in South Africa do u want to drive at a speed higher than that? take off is also okay. Those Germans in Wolfsburg must quickly control the damage they did to MKVI for allowing VWSA to make a replica of G6. They must come up with a facelift (AT LEAST) on the Golf SIX and in the process change the car to look different & beautiful from my TDI.

July 18, 2010 3:07 am Reply

Nzukie

Will you please give me a price range for Polo 2010.

July 26, 2010 1:59 pm Reply