Popular Now: Subaru New Concept for LA Motor Show to Hold Aloft Confidence in Motion; Fresh Teaser Out

Pimp my Ride beetle up for sale

Published on Sep 27th, 2007, 47 Comments

Carscoop+VW+BUG+PIMP+MY+RIDE+1.jpg

Here’s one more “Pimp My Ride” project vehicle that’s up for sale. Gus, a reader of Carscoop, discovered Lawanna’s VW Bug that aired on MTV’s Pimp My Ride Show episode 414, on the Los Angeles area Craiglist. The seller –we don’t know for sure if it’s Lawanna, is asking a mere $40,000. Not bad at all for a rustbucket on wheels that was half-way to the scrapyard before Xzibit took over.

Carscoop+VW+BUG+PIMP+MY+RIDE+2.jpg

The VW Beetle’s theme was “Hair Force One” due to the fact that Lawanna was a hair stylist who was about to enter the air force. Among other things that the GAS crew did, was to install a sink with shampoo and conditioner dispensers in the front, as well as waterproof speakers and an iPod nano. Inside the car features a high-power hair dryer that got air via a scoop on the car’s roof.

Comments

Sara

$40,000 for this beetle? Its like buying a huge computer on a beetle. This fully customized beetle is nothing but an eye candy because most of its parts are custom made and altered already. The real beauty of the VW Beetle is gone in this baby. Oh well if your the geeky and flashy type of person then this car is for you.

October 6, 2007 7:37 am Reply

Jekara

I had my car Pimped and I wouldn’t sell it for anything! We drive her all the time! Mine is the pink and white 55 Chevy, Big Bertha and we just LOVE THAT CAR!

December 4, 2007 7:24 am Reply

Nadia Lottering

I have a blue beetle that my father helped me to buy about 6 years ago. It was somewhat modified by the previous owner. A year ago the beetle did the road from JHB to BFN with no problems, but has since started leaking oil and the gearbox needs an overhaul. I am trying to sell the beetle now because I moved to the Eastern Cape and the beetle can’t do that long a stretch any more. I am struggling to get a buyer for the beetle. People seem to think R10000.00 is too much. What do you think? Possible cash buyer out there?

January 25, 2008 11:58 am Reply

mirash

Any chance tobe able to find radiator for toyotacynos, 1993 and more parts???

April 25, 2008 10:11 pm Reply

Xina

hi Nadia

yes i am interested in buying a beetle, contact me if you are still interested in selling yours so that i can check it out.
xinan@raf.co.za

May 7, 2008 1:37 pm Reply

Tobi

Hi there..Am desperately looking for a wine red/ maroon Beetle.. 1600 model.. Anywhere in Gauteng..R12 000 cash!!Urgent..

June 9, 2008 10:14 am Reply

Riaan

I have a 1972 beetle. green. interested in selling it. R10 000.

December 20, 2008 12:48 pm Reply

Paul Cronje

Hi Riaan ek stel belang kan jy my kontak by 0845844892 of 0157802212 of e-pos Paul.Cronje@palabora.co.za

Dankie
Paul

December 23, 2008 1:34 pm Reply

krawnald

hi guys im iterested in buying a classic beetle from year 1970 on / R10 000 to R15 000 any one selling email me at krawnald@yahoo.com

krawn from Botswana

January 24, 2009 8:03 am Reply

Bongz

I want a running beetle with R8000 cash.

January 26, 2009 10:21 pm Reply

Bridgette Willliams

heyall i need a pimped beetle… OOh im just so in love with this car damn!!! Please call me 0835518782 im in need

March 10, 2009 4:25 pm Reply

Jaco

Who can pimp my ride?I’ve got a 1962 Wolfsburg Vw Beetle and need some pimp.I love this car but the money is a problem to fix her.And i’m stupid when it comes to cars.She’s my first car and i don’t whant to loose her.Please contact me on 0793960834…Thank you.

April 1, 2009 7:26 am Reply

Adriaan

Come on guys who can help Jaco with his 1962 Wolfsburg Beetle it’s a classic car and you don’t get that one easy.Come on guys lets help the guy.It’s the only car that he whants.

April 4, 2009 7:14 am Reply

CR LALL

i am going to start a parts business for older beetles and will go to Brazil to attempt to get a parts market going Beetle fans will u support me if i start my mark up on goods will be a min because we are being fleeced by those parts dealers with rubbish parts

April 4, 2009 7:08 pm Reply

CR LALL

Jaco

Give your baby to RACEMAN he is the best guy i know a personal friend he is situated in Strijdom Park, Malibongwe drive in the Basement below AutoZone
This guy is a percectionist and not expensive i seem to have mislaid his number but if you want your ride pimped he will advise on costs ion detail and you can choose he has done over 30 beetles my one is going to be next he is honest and does one car at a time he started his business from scratch this guy has a passion for cars and look and feel he has done a Ford Escort old one you have to see it to appreciate it has an RSI Toyota Corolla Engine

April 4, 2009 7:17 pm Reply

Tshepo

hi there,

i’m interested in buying an old beetle, from R8 000 to R10 000.
Please call Tshepo @ 082 601 3734

May 3, 2009 9:26 pm Reply

CR LALL

hi Tshepo

beetles are much more expensive now seeing that new car sales are stagnant with economic crisis – if u get one u will probable need to do lots of work on it, to get an average to acceptable job done is approximately R20000 excluding mechanical parts – these too seem to be running scarce- i have six carbs ready to run and a complete 1200 engine with a generator excl fly wheel i replaced it for a 1600 twin port using my 1200 carb – it is light on gas they are fun cars but expensive to maintain now parts u can get at a price

May 30, 2009 8:55 am Reply

Jorica Terblanche

Hi there I have a 1977 Red Beetle for sale for R12000. It needs a little attention, but not to much. Anyone interested can email me on jorica.terblanche@pkf.co.za or phone me on 072 149 7559.

The beetle is in Welkom, Free State

July 15, 2009 4:41 pm Reply

Jorica Terblanche

Hi there everyone

I have a 1977 Red Beetle for sale for R12000. I urgently need to sell it as I need the money. It needs a liitle bit of attention but not too much. Anyone interested can email me at jorica.terblanche@pkf.co.za or call me on 072 149 7559.

July 15, 2009 4:44 pm Reply

H.A.Bester

Hi all,
I would like a old beetle to repair from scratch.I will come fetch it. desperate to buy , emmediate cash. Contact me on 0794916930.

July 30, 2009 9:34 am Reply

Rudi

Looking for a beetle have R15000.00 cash

JHB area

August 11, 2009 12:32 pm Reply

Jorica

Hi Rudy.

I have a 1977 VW Beetle. It needs some attention but it drives very nice. I am in Welkom, Free State if you are interested call me on 072 149 7559.

August 12, 2009 1:46 pm Reply

Cornelius

Hi Rudy

Weve got a Maroon Beetle 1600s wit 2 front sports backet seats, nice 14″ mag, usb car Radio at R13000. if u interested please call Cornelius at 011-410-7223 or 0834907920

August 26, 2009 12:09 pm Reply

thabang

im looking for a fresh beetle, will pay 8 to 10K, this is for my lady so it needs to be 100% under the bonnet, the rest i will sort. 0849756599
thx

September 17, 2009 3:40 pm Reply

Jorica

Hi there Thabang.

I have a red Beetle which I want to sell for R12000, but we can negotiate on the price. The engine runs very nice, the body needs some work, but not that much. I am from Welkom in the Free State. You can give me a call on 073 913 4740 during office hour if you are interested.

September 18, 2009 5:23 am Reply

Sphe

I’ve got R8000 for a beetle please give me a shout

September 23, 2009 10:37 am Reply

Sphe

I’ve got R8000 for a beetle please give me a shout on 0787113461 and I’m around Gauteng

September 23, 2009 10:38 am Reply

Louw

ek is opsoek na 1600 engen in N Transvaal as iemand een het laat weet .LOUW 0726114946 dankie

September 25, 2009 4:47 pm Reply

Lebo

Hey there. I am a first time owner and am really looking forward to buying a beetle. If anyone is selling for R10,000 cash – I have the cash waiting and desperate to buy.

Good enough engen please. Let me know, my no is 078 353 1323.

Thanks

September 28, 2009 11:54 am Reply

pelos

hi its Pelos i need someone to pimp my ride find me on nqadolo.pelos2@absa.co.za

October 5, 2009 7:21 am Reply

roshan

I have a beetle, cool water blue with a blade kit…the car has jusr been redone. The interior has a blue and black swade finish… It sits on a set of 18″ golf gti mags with brand new tyres and the engine has been redone to stock whic is in excellent condition. If anyone is interested please give me a shout.

October 9, 2009 7:45 am Reply

nelly

hi guys my name is nelly i would love to buy an old beetle but it must not give me too much problem, you can contact me on 0849660906

October 11, 2009 11:35 am Reply

Charlie

Hi guys.
I’m looking for the old vw fleetline combi. Splitscreen or normal. Not the microbus/carevelle shape. The shape from the 1970′s. If you know of one or know somebody that has one please contact me A.S.A.P. In the Limpopo/Mpumalanga/Gauteng area. I’M DESPERATE!!!!!!!!!!!!! Charlie 079 194 8832

November 5, 2009 4:21 am Reply

Sibusiso

Hi all,

I’m working on Cabriolet beetle (not my labour though). I have picked up some things along the way and I will also be opening a shop with some goodies soon. But If you want any tips or wanna bounce ideas I’m here to help. I don’t know everything but there is no answer I can’t get.

My e-mail is sbumwelase@gmail.com

November 17, 2009 6:18 am Reply

Gummi

Hi all

I’m looking to buy a standard beetle that has not been fixed or modified so i can pimp it to my like and satisfaction. Please supply a price as well as a picture of the inside and outside of the car
you can mail the information to kwinana88@gmail.com

December 5, 2009 10:03 am Reply

Gummi

Hi all

I’m looking for 2 standard beetles to buy cash. Preferably i want cars that have not been fixed or modified as i would love to pimp it to my satisfaction and like. please could you supply the information to kwinana88@gmail.com with pictures of the inside and outside of the cars
p.s don’t forget to quote me prices

appreciated

December 5, 2009 10:06 am Reply

sisa

am looking for a beetle that’s plain, hasn’t been worked on so i can do that all by myself to my satisfaction. please send photos of one and price quotation to bonsteins@yahoo.com.

thanks.

December 10, 2009 11:55 am Reply

tebza mrembula

i would love to own a beetle for a reasonable price of R13000 or less and would appreciate if the seller would be around jozi so that we can network coz were i stay the is a lot of people interrested in buying these cars and would love to play the part of bieng a midiator between dealer and buyers coz most peeps don`t know where to start looking and i must say i`m also interrested in buying one so if we meet that could be anyone all i`m saying is that it could be a very sourceful business coz beetles will never die as long as we are still around thankx…….!!!!

January 12, 2010 5:13 am Reply

Gummi

Hi i have a honda 150 plip lights (WHITE) ,iwant you to pimp it for me .I dont have enough money give me the price .contacts 0827240577 e-mail Trock@vodamail.co.za THE ROCK 9(JANKEMPDORP NORTHERN CAPE)

January 18, 2010 2:21 pm Reply

Ryan

Black Beetle. 1969 1600 model has not much rust, the floor pan is in excellent condition.
the car is not running right now due to burnt out generator. was a day runner last year and i have just bought another and doing that one up. the beetle would be good for some one who is serious about beetles as this could be a awesome project as there is so little work to be done. pic`s can be supplied.
asking for R12000. comes with a spare front suspension.and gear box
come on guys this is a bargain.

January 27, 2010 9:28 am Reply

Andy

Hi Iam looking for a beetle of any model. It must be stuill running and less than R10 000.00
You must be from the area of limpopo prov.

PLS call at this number 082 406 3569 before the 5 feb 2010

February 2, 2010 4:59 pm Reply

Keith Jubrano

I have a beetle for sale. I can give you a brand new beetle for only R15,000.00.

Forward responses to keith.jubrano01@gmail.com

March 15, 2010 9:38 pm Reply

Cecil lourens

Ek het n “monza” rooi beetle wat ek laat oor doen in die begin van die jaar.Die kar is in goeie toestand en ry baie lekker.Die binnekant is nog oorspronklik en in goeie toestand enige kopers kontak my per epos.
R 18 500.00

Kaktus@bestcom.co.za

April 5, 2010 4:55 pm Reply

andre ambraal

pleace pimp my ride

April 23, 2010 11:30 am Reply

andre ambraal

ek andre ambraal bekeer iemand om my ride te pimp asb kar goeie toestand

April 23, 2010 11:32 am Reply

abram

Hi yoll I would love to own a bettle bt I need an advice on how to pimp it n given all contacts of car pimps around pretoria,please contact me at abrahamz.tshivhindas@yahoo.com thank u

May 18, 2010 7:52 am Reply

dablakmark8

I got a vintage 1965 type 1 vw.15% rust all round with all chrome still in place plus original 1965 rusted roof rack.daily runner.Any offers

May 30, 2010 2:52 pm Reply