Popular Now: Volkswagen Bulli Gets Set for 2014

VDub Magazine update – carblog has the scoop

Published on Mar 9th, 2007, 18 Comments

dubmod VDub Magazine update   carblog has the scoop

After a flood of emails and unapproved comments, I felt the need to give ya’ll the lowdown on whats going on with Vdub Magazine.

Yes it still is coming out, its all completed and by the time you read this the boys & girls at Speed & Sound Magazine would have finished their proof reads and final checks. All ready to print. Delays were bound to happen, being the first issue they want everything to be just right.

I’v been told that we shall receive our copies middle to end of next week or the following week and will have about 100 or 200 copies for sale. As in the past, we grab the freshest copies off the printing press and I’ll be sure to send out an exclusive mailer to announce this.

In the meantime, check out http://www.dubmodder.com/ – designed and developed by Vito Fiorello, a die hard VW enthusiast. Many a late nite I have spent skype chatting about the technical bits of their website. In a nutshell you choose a Vw, and get an array of options to kit it out. Using authentic bits from Kamei, Oetinger, ATS, BBS and a whole lot more.

Above is a screenshot of my dream Mk1 Gti. Slammed to the ground with 15″ 8.5j BBS Alloys, Original Broad Front Spoiler, ultra scarce plastic wheel arches and original Gti Red grille trimmings.

Yes, I’m just as anxious to sink into this magazine as any other VW nutter in South Africa!

Comments

gino

@ last sum news (albeit no news)waiting patiently CNA close their doors when they see me coming.

Vastly Woundup Dubber

March 10, 2007 3:09 pm Reply

Gareth

HI GUYS.IVE GOT A 2DR GOLF MK1 WANT TO PUT A 2LT 8V ENGINE IN WHAT SIZE CAM I FIT OR CAN I PUT A BILLET CAM,WILL IT BE FAST AND HOW MUCH KW’S WILL I HAVE.THANKS GARETH

April 18, 2007 2:35 pm Reply

TC

Hi Guys, U rock, ive been waiting for a magazine like this. im a VW fan and i like the rides in the mag.
is there any Graphic design opportunities coming with Vdub magazine?

April 29, 2007 12:04 pm Reply

DONOVAN

Cant find the mag in my area at this point , can i subscribe ?

Please send me details ?

Thanx
Donovan

Aliwal North

May 2, 2007 1:25 pm Reply

vince

i got a golf cti, will it be ok to fit a 1.6i life head with a fuel management system.Will it be any better.

May 4, 2007 12:11 pm Reply

vince

does anyone have the following for sale:
1.6i head ,fuel management system, 276 cam in durban

May 4, 2007 12:22 pm Reply

krall

Vince, im looking for the same thing.aparently Maxmotorsport will be getting some in 2 weeks but they are expensive R1295 in jhb i hear you can get them for R600

May 20, 2007 2:35 pm Reply

Gareth

Howzit guys, I have a Citi Sonic (Originally a 1.6 carb), it’s gone through a few different stages, a 2.0L 8v with Side Draughts & now it’s a 2.0L 8v injection, with a few trix, got a few idea’s, need more… Vdub 4 Life

May 29, 2007 5:18 pm Reply

Stuart

Hey there guys and girls ,my bro just a 2.0 TDi the car damm quick and very strong in 2nd and 3rd well through out the six speed boxs well there is one button asr that just known what it stands for. Maybe you guys could tell me what it stand for and what it does. untill later your faithfull Vdub Fan. Ps my su drives a velocity 1.4 is that not cool.

May 30, 2007 10:25 pm Reply

LISE FOURIE

i have subscribed to the magazine but it is 3 weeks now and i have not received anything in the post. please can you give me an answer

June 1, 2007 2:13 pm Reply

juan miller

where can i find the vdub mag in cape town area(somerset west)its just nowhere to be found?

June 2, 2007 10:10 am Reply

Charl Norman

@Lise

We just reported on the Magazine – We are not stockists, distributors or editors of the magazine

Its quote simple – CALL SPEED AND SOUND! DUH!!!

June 3, 2007 10:56 am Reply

junaid

Where can i find the magazine in Kimberley. No where to be found

August 10, 2007 3:29 pm Reply

denzil g

top of topz laaities. well done from extreame auto styling, stanger

October 9, 2007 6:25 pm Reply

Andile

I love this magazine ,the cars and i’m a vdub fan & i’m working to build my own , please give me any suggestions where to start…..thanx keep the vdubz alive

October 22, 2007 7:41 pm Reply

s8n

without gas or turbo any vw is a heap of junk!!! In durbs i eat golfs alive 1.8 20v with a lil sumtin sumtin…
TRD 4 LYF!!!

January 25, 2008 2:07 pm Reply

QIKLIFE

Where in Durb’s are you??
My 1.6i will eat you silly- no gas, no turbo wit sumtin sumtin too!
As I see it the N/A toyota runs in 15 sec bracket for RUNX RSI and 20V.
The best N/A toyota runs in mid to low 14s; my car runs 13.78s in QTR mile.

When you want to meet?? Maybe we can run against each other in the legal 2 illegal.
Interested??

March 14, 2008 4:52 pm Reply

Life 1.6i

How do i make my golf life faster ????

May 28, 2008 10:06 am Reply